Posidonia Management is a worldwide Port Management Solution which improves port automation and generates events for the full monitoring of the port management processes (vessel movements, the transit of passengers, transit of cargo, berths and moorings for both commercial and leisure tranships, arrival and departure of cruise ships). The goal of this use case is the integration of DataPorts with Posidonia Management System, in order to demonstrate the potential interoperability of the data platform with existing solutions. It will also offer new business opportunities to established companies and innovators to develop services focused on the data fusion, sharing and trading.
DataPorts platform will enable a way of establishing a common view of all available information, and the data as a tool to create a common situation awareness supporting the involved actors in the supply chain in a more efficient decision making. The use case will demonstrate the innovation potential of DataPorts platform in combination with well-consolidated ICT solutions.
The integration of DataPorts capabilities with Posidonia Management system will increase its competitive advantage transforming it into a global and connected solution perfectly integrated in the whole logistics ecosystem. Additionally, all operators and stakeholders will have the opportunity to join and take advantage of the information gathered there and explore efficiency in order to create value in the supply chain.
As a modular solution, each of the pieces can interact and share its own information. The global use case will integrate some of the products with the DataPorts platform and share their data with other port ecosystem stakeholders.
Port management system integration
The solution Posidonia Operations will be integrated with the DataPorts platform in the ports of Valencia and Thessaloniki.
Other products, Posidonia Management, Posidonia PCS and Posidonia Notifications will be integrated with the platform and act as data providers and data consumers.
Benefits that will be obtained by implementing the use case:
These integrations will provide new data to other port ecosystem stakeholders that is isolated now or not available.
On the other hand, with the integration of Posidonia Notifications the users will be able to subscribe for event alerts in real time in their preferred communication channel without any custom integration with the platforms.
- Prodevelop SL (PRO): Data provider, data consumer, developer and integrator
- Fundación Valencia Port (VPF): Data provider and integrator
- Port of Thessaloniki (THPA): Data provider
- Instituto Tecnologico de Informatica (ITI): Integrator and developer
- University of Valencia (UPV): Integrator and developer
- Everis Spain SL: Providing secure environment
- Organismos Tilepikoinonion Tis Ellados (OTE): Data provider
- University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE): Integrator and developer (data analytics)
- Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS): Integrator and developer
- Center for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH): Integrator and developer (blockchain)