Traxens presents solutions for port industry. TRAXENS develops bespoke IoT and big data offering to meet specific needs of port industry players and solve business challenges for both assets and cargo owners worldwide Its tailored Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) solutions are specifically designed to meet the needs of the port industry by providing near real-time insight into the end-to-end global supply chain.
Traxens’ solution provides comprehensive, precise and timely data on cargo, through tracking logistic assets in transit anywhere in the world. Traxens’ patented breakthrough Internet of Things (IoT) technology brings improved efficiency and security, greater transparency and enhanced asset utilization whilst opening up new opportunities for all actors involved in the global supply chain.
With Traxens’ solutions, ports can improve their efficiency and the interoperability of the systems with a trusted third party. For example, the Cargo Community System (CCS) manages traceability within the port area, but it also needs to capture information in the hinterland, and, in general, during the pre- and post-shipment phases. This is made possible with the Traxens solution; its objective is to improve the real-time information and predictivity of the flow of goods, to streamline overall port operations.
More specifically, for export, information gathered on pre- and post-carriage and on the activity in the hinterland can help determine the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) at port gates. It can also help optimize the use of different types of terminals and of dry port areas. The transit corridors and custom routes can be secured ahead of time. Lastly, Traxens’ dry container door-opening functionality can help with the fight against contamination or theft.
Ports all over the world are increasingly looking for this kind of service. New technologies like big data, automation and artificial intelligence, as well as new values such as transparency and collaboration, are driving profound changes in all areas of our industry. The port industry is looking to secure its operations and increase its efficiency. TRAXENS mission is to support this market by optimizing operations through our bespoke IoT solution.
The global smart ports market is projected to reach $5.3 billion (€4.8bn) by 2024 from an estimated $1.7 billion (€1.5 billion) in 2019, at a Compound Annual Growth rate (CAGR) of 25% during that period. The need for efficient data-driven decision making that can impact the overall efficiency of ports and cut down unnecessary costs is one of the primary factors driving the growth of this industry. The process automation segment is expected to be the largest contributor to the smart ports market during the forecast period.
ABOUT TRAXENS Traxens generates, collects, consolidates, enriches and transforms logistics asset data into an easily understandable format, enabling effective decision-making. The company’s breakthrough Internet of Things technology provides comprehensive, real-time information for managing logistics assets anywhere in the world. Traxens’ solutions digitally transform multimodal supply chains, enabling customers to reduce costs, optimize investments, comply with environmental regulations and deliver premium services to their customers. www.traxens.com
- Costly manual tracking processes and lack of cargo visibility.
- Lack of knowledge about merchandise location and delays Coordination issues in the supply chain process
- Risk of deterioration of the goods and potential
- additional costs (ex : packaging) when passing through areas with extreme temperatures.
- Security problems and lack of visibility on risk areas.
- Willingness to reduce the occurrence of theft by increasing the level of security.
- Customers potentially ship expensive goods that are highly sensitive to shocks.
PHYSCAL PARAMETERS Measurements
- Geographical coordinates of an Equipment based on GPS measurements.
- Event generated when a smart container transits into a predefined Zone of Interest (ZOI)
- Regular record of ambient temperature
- Event generated when Door is Open or Closed, based on Device’s light sensor.
- Event generated when Smart Container acceleration is higher than a pre-defined threshold
SMART CONTAINER TRAXENS SOLUTION
- Take advantage of real time end to end visibility on Traxens Hub web application.
- Always know where your cargo is and gain control over your supply chain
- Notify all selected users when your cargo enters / exits the Zones of Interest.
- Share visibility of your cargo with customers and partners.
- Nonstop external temperature records with map-based events.
- Use Traxens charts to monitor external temperature variations during the journey.
- Get alerts and notifications for all door events.
- Gain transparency along the journey and know instantly when and where the doors of your container were opened.
- Get alerts with G-force records, direction of impacts enriched with time and GPS coordinates.
- Monitor all unusual accelerations to your cargo during transport and shipments.
VALUE AND RESULTS FOR PORT STAKEHODLERS
Traxens is transforming the industrial supply chain by delivering added-value data, analytics, and the expertise needed to give customers complete visibility into their assets anywhere in the world.
Use case is focused on equip your assets to get an end to end visibility solution for cargo owners to track shipments position, temperature and condition in real-time. The smart container physical reliable data will be key enabler to enhance supply chain performance with data-driven decisions. In addition, this will help prevent shipments disruption with configurable alerts and notifications.
Benefits that will be obtained by implementing the use case:
- Make data-driven decisions with a global picture of all your bookings in progress or completed.
- Improve accuracy, visibility, coordination and operational efficiencies with partners.
- Detect areas and periods of extreme and dangerous temperatures for all shipments.
- Save costs and ensure better travel conditions for your merchandise.
- Bring an improved level of security to your supply chain and operations by choosing security and routing solutions to minimize risk.
- Prodevelop SL (PRO): Data provider, data consumer, developer and integrator
- Fundación Valencia Port (VPF): Data provider and integrator
- Port of Thessaloniki (THPA): Data provider
- Instituto Tecnologico de Informatica (ITI): Integrator and developer
- University of Valencia (UPV): Integrator and developer
- Everis Spain SL: Providing secure environment
- Organismos Tilepikoinonion Tis Ellados (OTE): Data provider
- University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE): Integrator and developer (data analytics)
- Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS): Integrator and developer
- Center for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH): Integrator and developer (blockchain)