DataPorts is participating in the BDVA activities and exploring possible collaborations with other projects
The Big Data Value Public-Private Partnership aims at creating a functional Data Market and Data Economy in Europe, in order to allow Europe to play a leading role in Big Data in the global market. DataPorts is part of the implementation actions of the Big Data Value PPP, composed of the European Commission (EC) and the Big Data Value Association (BDVA) as public and private counterparts. BDVA is an industry-driven international not–for-profit organization with 200 members all over Europe, whose mission is the development of the Innovation Ecosystem that will enable the data and AI-driven digital transformation in Europe to deliver maximum economic and societal benefit, as well as achieving and sustaining Europe’s leadership on Big Data Value creation and Artificial Intelligence. The main activity of BDVA is centered on its Task Forces, and it is reported and communicated in the Activity Group meetings that are organized on a monthly basis. Many of DataPorts partners (ITI, UPV, ICCS, Everis, UDE, Fraunhofer ISST and CERTH) are BDVA members, and will represent DataPorts in different meetings. The objective is to engage at least in two subgroups of BDVA: Task Force 1 Sub-group 7 (Data Sharing Spaces) and Task Force 7 Sub-group 7 (Mobility and Logistics).
DataPorts will also collaborate with other projects included in the portfolio of the PPP. The collaboration and coordination of all projects is done through three different committees:
- the Steering Committee, which includes the coordinators of the projects
- the Technical Committee, which includes technical managers
- the Communications group, which includes the leads of dissemination and communication.
Moreover, DataPorts will participate in all those committees, seeking to align strategies in the different fields, and to explore potential collaborations.
Among all BDV PPP projects, the potential collaborations with those funded under topic ICT13a (like DataPorts), the so-called Data Platforms, are specially interesting:
- TRUSTS, Trusted Secure Data Sharing Space
- KRAKEN, Brokerage and market platform for personal data
- DataVaults, Persistent Personal Data Vaults Empowering a Secure and Privacy Preserving Data Storage, Analysis, Sharing and Monetization Platform
- OpertusMundi, A Single Digital Market for Industrial Geospatial Data Assets
- PIMCity, Building the next generation personal data platforms
- TheFSM, The Food Safety Market
- I3-Market, Intelligent, Interoperable, Integrative and deployable open source marketplace with trusted and secure software tools for incentivizing the industry data economy
- smashHit, Smart dispatcher for secure and controlled sharing of distributed personal and industrial data
DataPorts will share with those projects the main aspects about data sharing, data governance, data exchange and data re-usability in different domains and environments, learning from their approaches, adopting best practices when appropriate and learning from their experiences. This alignment will also be guided by the BDV PPP.